At Skincare 5280 we offer Medical Microneedling Facials overseen by our Medical Director, Catherine Carretero, M.D. Medical Micro-needling is different than Holistic Microneedling. Holistic Micro-needling penetrates the outer layers of dead skin and typically only improves product penetration. However, Medical Microneedling, utilizing The Skinpen, can penetrate the skin between 0.5 and 2.5 mm in depth and stimulates your own body to produce brand new collagen and elastin to create smoother, healthier, and rejuvenated skin.
Also called Collagen Induction Therapy, Medical Microneedling is clinically proven to promote the formation of new collagen and elastin. Similar to a fractional laser treatment, Medical Microneedling creates vertical micro-channels into the skin at controlled depths that stimulate rejuvenation. The vertical channels allow the infusion of peptides, anti-oxidants, and highly potent growth factor to boost the overall results of the treatment.
By creating new collagen and elastin, Medical Microneedling is a highly effective treatment for skin tightening, moderate to severe acne scarring, keloid and hypertrophic scar reduction, fine lines and wrinkles, deep wrinkles, hyperpigmentation; reduces pore size and can diminish stretch marks. Treatments with the Rejuvapen are less invasive, traumatic and expensive than laser treatments and only have between 24-48 hours of downtime in the form of what looks like a mild sunburn. Medical Microneedling effectively rejuvenates tired, dull skin for overall skin renewal.
All Medical Microneedling Facials include the use of medical grade numbing cream for maximum comfort. The cost of treatment includes a post-procedure home care kit to ensure proper healing and ideal outcome.
THINGS TO KNOW
- WHAT TO EXPECT - The skin is thoroughly cleansed and sterilized. For client comfort, a topical numbing agent is applied prior to treatment. During the treatment, discomfort is virtually painless. The tip will glide over the skin surface creating micro-channels for product penetration and the skin will be flushed with increased micro-circulation. The treatment usually takes around 90 minutes.
- IS IT SAFE FOR DARK SKIN - micro-needling is different from laser treatments because it does not have a thermal component, thereby keeping healthy tissue intact without burning. Because there is no heat associated with the treatment it is safe for any skin type and color.
- RESULTS - Your skin will appear fresher within 4 -6 weeks after the first treatment and will continue to improve over 6 -12 months. However, it is best to perform micro-needling in a series of 4 - 8 treatments for optimal results.
- HOW MANY -For skin rejuvenation: a total of 1 to 4 treatments performed 4-6 weeks apart. For scars, acne scars and stretchmarks: a total of 6 – 8 treatments performed 4 weeks apart. For maintenance: 1 -2 treatments per year
- DOWNTIME - Typically, you will be red and slightly swollen directly after each treatment. Each person is individual and depending on the area being treated this reaction ranges from 12 – 48 hours. This reaction is normal and signals the formation of new collagen and elastin. The redness is similar to a sunburn.
- AFTER PRECAUTIONS - It is recommended to avoid Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Retinols or anything highly active for at least 2 days. It is important to properly care for your skin after treatment by staying away from sun and heat and to use only gentle cleansers, mineral sunscreen and hydrating serums for optimal results.